Site Structural Superintendent Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Site Structural Superintendent to join our team.
- Monitor/audit contractors to ensure prescribed quality and safety requirements are met/maintained;
- Establish a Quality Control policy to provide documentary evidence of the quality attained on the project;
- Witness, inspection and surveillance checks in accordance with the Quality Control Plan and the requirements of the Quality Manager;
- Ensuring implementation of established procedures;
- Responsible for the structural, mechanical, plate work and piping areas on the construction site;
- Prepare construction-specific procedures and work instructions as required;
- Generate structural, mechanical, plate work and piping engineering queries from the company as well as technical information requests;
- Participate in kick-off meetings and progress meetings with support subcontractors and construction crews;
- Resolve all matters associated with quality and safety which may affect the project;
- Expediting with material control function material delivery, distribution and availability in accordance with planned activities;
- Review SMPP contractors QA and QMS manuals, plans and procedures for compliance with national codes and standards (for SMPP disciplines);
- Generate structural, mechanical, platework and piping engineering queries from the company as well as technical information requests;
- Attend contractor progress meetings in order to provide detailed reports and interface between client and Direct Field Labour crews;
- Participate in kick off meetings and progress meetings with support sub — contractors and construction crews;
- Ensure that structural, mechanical, platework and piping construction activities are conducted in accordance with procedures and set standards.
- Experience working on a project governed by the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996;
- Ability to travel locally and / or internationally as and when required;
- Previous experience working in a mining environment.