The Production Foreman I coordinates work schedules, staffing requirements, and production sequences to maximize productivity. Supervises the daily activities of production area to ensure that volume, cost, and quality standards are achieved. Being a Production Foreman I typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Identifies problems related to production process and provides production reports to assist process improvement. In addition, Production Foreman I typically reports to a manager. Working team member that may validate or coordinate the work of others on a support team. Suggests improvements to process, is a knowledge resource for other team members. Has no authority for staff actions. Generally has a minimum of 2 years experience as an individual contributor. Thorough knowledge of the team processes.
Production Foreman Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Foreman to join our team.
- Provide support and services to Production Manager;
- Train, schedule and supervise work of production personnel;
- Plan, oversee and schedule production operations;
- Lead and manage team;
- Ensure safety, health & hygiene;
- Maintain people, plant, machinery and equipment to improve efficiencies;
- Control raw material stock levels;
- Control product & production processes;
- Control & report product quality parameters.
- Good understanding of Polystyrene Extrusion processes Knowledge and ability to apply Total Production Management principles;
- Good understanding of bill of materials (BOM’s);
- Good verbal and written communications skills (Afrikaans and English);
- Excellent attendance track record;
- Good understanding of wood manufacturing processes, production priorities and problems;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Experience in XPS extrusion environment will be an added advantage;
- 4-5 years relevant experience in a manufacturing/operations environment of which at least 2 years must be in a supervisory role;
- Lead and apply proper discipline;
- Valid drivers license;
- Fault-finding, problem solving and organisational skills;
- Self motivated, disciplined and enthusiastic with high levels of drive and energy;
- Pro-active and dynamic.