Security Manager manages a group of security guards who ensure the protection of an organization’s facilities. Develops and enforces security procedures and regulations. Being a Security Manager acts as a liaison to all departments on security measures, procedures, and needs. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Security Manager typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. The Security Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Security Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
security manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a security manager to join our team.
- Assisting the Task Team in special operations / investigations;
- Strong planning, leadership and organizational skills as well as good interpersonal and communication skills are essential;
- Ensuring that contractual requirements are met as stipulated by the Client;
- Liaising daily with SAPS and other Law enforcement agencies on criminal investigations, special operations etc;
- Submitting relevant weekly / monthly incident and general reports as required by Management;
- Constantly evaluating risks / threats and making recommendations to the Client to counter these;
- Liaising daily with Operations management on various operational issues;
- Managing the response and investigation of serious incidents such as vehicle theft, armed robberies, breaking and entering etc;
- Dealing with all required administration matters.
- Must have a formal background in Health & Safety;
- Must have 5 Years’ Experience as a Security Manager;
- Must reside in the Johannesburg area;
- Must have sober qualities (Non Smoker);
- Must be Grade A PSIRA Qualification;
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License & own vehicle.