Install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists. May administer network security measures.
Network Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Network Manager to join our team.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configurations, security architecture and best practice principles;
- Monthly reporting of team productivity, standby, overtime and travel claims;
- Collaborate with management and department leaders to assess near and long-term network security assessments, vulnerabilities and risks;
- Responsible for the operational management of LAN, WAN, SAN and Voice environments with outsourced partners;
- Maintain a detailed risk register and report to execute management on a monthly basis;
- Monitor vulnerabilities within the network domain and remediate within the agreed timelines to minimise the risk exposure window;
- Monthly reporting of network availability and performance within warehouses and main office campuses.
- Ability to take responsibility and be decisive;
- At least 5 years in a similar role with a background in LAN, WAN (SDWAN & MPLS), SAN and Voice environments;
- Project management skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Effective planning and organizational skills;
- Experience in financial management and budgets;
- Extensive experience in dealing with voice, data and network providers including the financial, contract and supplier management thereof;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience a highly skilled team of network and security analysts;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Experience working with leading technologies, such as Cisco, CA Spectrum and Qualys;
- Ability to understand and contribute to the Cybersecurity strategy and roadmap.