Import/Export Administrator is responsible for the movement of merchandise and/or material in/out of the country in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Calculates duties, tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported and imported, to and from foreign destinations. Being an Import/Export Administrator monitors and completes paperwork and monetary transactions associated with international distribution in a timely manner. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Import/Export Administrator typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Import/Export Administrator work is highly independent. May assume a team lead role for the work group. A specialist on complex technical and business matters. To be an Import/Export Administrator typically requires 7+ years of related experience.
Import Export Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Import Export Administrator to join our team.
- Maintaining VAT compliance on GTS;
- Checking of import invoices;
- Completing import clearing instructions;
- Maintaining filing system for export & import department;
- Uploading of documents to GTS;
- Preparing documents for bank collections to be presented to bank;
- Preparing documentation as per letters of credit for presentation to banks;
- Receipt of purchase orders related to export products;
- Capturing of transporter payments on GTS;
- Assisting plants and finance department with GTS invoice queries.
- Export administration, procedures and documentation experience will be an advantage;
- GTS and JDE experience will be an advantage;
- Deadline driven, accurate and pay attention to details;
- Be a motivated team player with the ability to liaise at all levels;
- An export administration certificate or related qualification will be an additional advantage;
- Be proactive and have the ability to work in a highly pressurized manufacturing environment;
- Have Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Be proficient in MS office applications.