BI Analyst Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a BI Analyst Developer to join our team.
- Create and maintain data model documentation;
- Provide users with correct data to do their analysis on;
- Interpretation of specifications received (including data models, if applicable;
- Define the requirements for analysis within a given business area;
- Identify data anomalies and communicate back to the data owners;
- Work with data sources (raw data);
- Present results to the business unit leader in a preferred tool (such as Office suite, BI report or dashboard);
- Design and develop ETL processes by performing detailed analysis using the ingestion toolsets of the organisation;
- Test and debug programs;
- Perform root cause analysis of data issues and troubleshoot technical difficulties.
- Familiarity with the use cases, business purposes and quality of the data;
- Knowledge of database management system (DBMS) physical implementation, including tables, joins and SQL querying;
- Ability to combine data from multiple sources when needed for the analysis;
- At least 3 — 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge and experience of structured data, such as entities, classes, hierarchies, relationships and metadata;
- Relevant Degree or Diploma.