Produce financial and market intelligence by querying data repositories and generating periodic reports. Devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources.
Business Intelligence Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies with technology solutions;
- Collaborate with business users;
- Gather the user’s data and reporting requirements;
- Numerical and analytical skills;
- Gain an in-depth understanding of designated business areas and related data topics;
- Ensure quality assurance and reconciliation of the new reports;
- Solution orientated with ability to resolve complex data challenges;
- Develop, analyse and modify processes, data structures, and models;
- Compiles action plans that stipulate the work break down required to resolve the data profiling, visualization or reporting challenge;
- Discovery phase – requirements elicitation;
- Collaborate regularly with various teams, including market analytics;
- Articulately and concisely explain the implications of complex data;
- Maintain objectivity at all times to ensure processes and products are relevant;
- Contribute to short and long-term goal setting;
- Develop and utilize dashboards effectively.
- Relevant tertiary qualification;
- Business Analyst certification;
- Experience in Excel Pivot or PowerPivot;
- Experience working with BI front-end tools to develop Proof of Concepts;
- Knowledge of Transactional systems, Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD) and business models and business processes, business rules and data analysis;
- Practical Data/Dimensional Modelling and data analysis experience;
- Degree in Information Technology (preferred) or;
- Finance related degree;
- A keen eye for details and aptitude for working with data;
- Highly accurate and thorough in all tasks;
- 3-4 years’ experience;
- Proven experience as a collaborative team player;
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills;
- Aviation industry knowledge would be an advantage but not a requirement;
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.