Supervisor, Transport, Road Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Supervisor, Transport, Road to join our team.
- Liaise with suppliers on delays at pickup and escalate to Management and CLIENT RTM;
- Ensure that VFT is updated with all relevant Supplier and CLIENT references on each load;
- Report any vehicle breakdown or delays and take corrective action;
- Ensure time of completion of trip times within Trip rate, and should trip time be exceeded report prior day trips times vs plan for rate escalation;
- Ensure that all loads status are updated within VFT within maximum of 15min from time of actual event;
- Monitor individual trip movements to be executed as provided in the Fine Loads Screen and is updated and followed up by Transport Controllers;
- Ensure vehicle checks are completed prior to shift and end of shift;
- Communicate with Suppliers and Plant on time window delays and visit site if required to resolve delays;
- Monitor assigned vehicle and Driver on GPS tracking to ensure on time collection and delivery;
- Monitor updating of PODs by Scanning team and ensure loads are completed;
- Ensure appropriate Drivers and vehicles are assigned in VFT to the TRIP;
- Monitor all resources per shift, Transport Controllers, Drivers, Vehicles, tracking units, Mobiles, fuel units;
- Liaise directly with the Suppliers, Drivers, Customer RTMS to ensure TRIP adherence.
- Min of 2 years Supervisory experience in inbound logistics (advantageous);
- Good administration skills;
- Ability to work without supervision;
- Good communication skills;
- Overseeing the loading of long distance vehicles;
- Must have leadership skills able to lead team (atleast 2 years experience);
- Own reliable transport, code 8 driver license;
- Ability to work long hours and shift work.