Marketing Assistant I coordinates and assists with the marketing activities of a product or business line. Uses simple marketing strategies and media (e.g., print, digital, customer events and trade shows) to launch and position products and services. Being a Marketing Assistant I may require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Marketing Assistant I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Marketing Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our team.
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting relationships;
- Update spreadsheets, databases and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information;
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities;
- Write marketing literature (brochures, press releases, etc.) to augment the company’s presence in the market;
- Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and to facilitate their success;
- Prepare promotional presentations;
- Employ basic marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.);
- Support marketing manager in organizing various projects;
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts.
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines;
- High School diploma; Certificate or degree in Marketing, Business or relevant field is a strong advantage;
- Exquisite communication and people skills;
- Proven experience as a marketing assistant;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords, etc.);
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles;
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach.