Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
Accounts Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Clerk to join our team.
- Processing of journal entries on JDE;
- Invoicing and credit notes;
- Month end accruals for imports and exports;
- Understand accounting credit and debit principles with regards to debtors and creditors;
- Weekly cashflow statement;
- Recon month end creditor accounts;
- Accurate payment & cost allocations;
- Capture creditor invoices;
- Process and management of credit applications & credit limits;
- Compiling & submission of management reports;
- Ensure good customer interaction;
- Update revenue schedule;
- Check General Ledgers on a weekly basis;
- Issue travel Purchase orders;
- Any ad-hoc functions.
- Grade 12 (essential);
- Ability to take responsibility and be decisive;
- Microsoft Word;
- Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Previous working experience in a similar role of at least 2 years;
- Effective planning and organisational skills;
- Good communication skills;
- MS Office is essential;
- Navigation around the Microsoft Office and Windows operating system;
- Mathematical and Problem solving Skills;
- Understand basic finance documents eg. Invoices/credit notes;
- Computer literate Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Minimum 2 years experience in accounting field outside articles.