Residential Property Manager I manages the daily operations of one or more residential properties or communities. Oversees sales/leasing, tenant relations, maintenance, and other support activities. Being a Residential Property Manager I may be responsible for managing property budgets, collections and/or property improvement initiatives. May require a bachelor’s degree in related area. Additionally, Residential Property Manager I typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Residential Property Manager I supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. To be a Residential Property Manager I typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. Thorough knowledge of functional area and department processes.
Residential Property Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Residential Property Manager to join our team.
- Building tenant/landlord relationships;
- General maintenance: quotes / issuing of job cards / managing jobs done at building;
- Maintenance of building information on internal system;
- Submitting monthly reports of all Building Inspections;
- Management of Security Company at the building;
- Monitor the buildings performance against budget and expenditure;
- Assisting the Accountants with the monthly variances;
- Supplying the BM with the necessary tools and skills training to ensure positive result;
- Monitor cancellations of lease agreements;
- Problem solving and have analytical thinking;
- Completion of monthly audits on current service providers;
- Motivate upgrades and improvements as and when these are deemed necessary;
- Ensuring all budgeted expenses have been attended to within the budgeted time frame;
- Management of Building Managers, Handyman and Cleaners (direct and outsourced);
- Supervision of service providers.
- Grade 12 (Matric);
- MS Office: especially Excel – Essential;
- Estate Agencies Affairs Board Examination passed;
- With a minimum of 2 years relevant experience;
- Real estate NQF4 qualification – completed;
- Property Management related qualification;
- Knowledge of MDA Property System Software – Desirable.