The Business Development Executive is responsible for developing new market initiatives, assessing new markets, and analyzing business opportunities. Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s business development policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Business Development Executive may also be accountable for licensing initiatives and programs; duties include negotiating contracts, initiating proposals, and closing deals. Conducts financial feasibility studies and develops proposals for new business opportunities. In addition, Business Development Executive requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Business Development Executive manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Business Development Executive Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Development Executive to join our team.
- Monitoring and analysis of current market conditions and trends;
- Selling of all services including, Clearing, Forwarding and Logistics;
- Maintaining own existing client base and managing relationship with customers until handover to Customer Relations personnel;
- Communicate with inbound and outbound operations and managment regarding customer enquiries;
- Collecting and analyzing customer, market and competitor information;
- Opening and implementation of new business in line with KPI’s set and interim servicing and monitoring of service-provision to new accounts;
- Ensure client records are kept up to date in master files and on CRM System, with accurate information as per ISO 9001;
- Continously look for extention opportunities of client’s business in order to expand services to available customers;
- Manage territory efficiently and economically by covering it on a planned schedule basis;
- Coordinating marketing activity with others and improving lead generation;
- Continuous development of industry and product knowledge in order to provide logistics solutions to meet cutomer needs;
- Developing and maintaining an ongoing pipeline / list of prospective clients in line with new business strategy;
- Preparation of proposals, profiles, presentations, new business estimates and business development reports;
- Effective use of organisational resources to achieve desired results.
- Matric plus diploma / degree in engineering/marketing/logistics or related field of study.