Head of Protocol Development Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Protocol Development to join our team.
- Defining a technical vision and strategy for development methodologies;
- Work jointly with counterparts in other teams to increase sharing of technical vision and strategy across teams;
- Define architecture and implement new protocol that support high volume real-time transactional processing;
- Define engineering strategy and roadmap in collaboration with Head of DevOps , Heads of Security, Engineering and Research;
- Lead a software engineering team in the design and development of high-performance, highly complex systems and protocol builds;
- Pe prepared to present talks at local and international conferences;
- As lead maintainer, you be responsible for the majority of Code Reviews and Pull Request reviews;
- Provide direction, leadership and act as a role model to senior developers and team members;
- Line management responsibility across the development and testing functions;
- Drive improvements in our development practice of continuous delivery and promote cloud computing and open-source solutions;
- Produce accessible, well-written documentation; including RFC’s, andblog posts;
- Champion software engineering culture and ensure environment continues to develop as a great and enriching place to work;
- Define deliverables, benchmark performance;
- Ensuring the operational support and monitoring is in place for live running of services.
- Recognized Computer Science, Mathematics / Statistics / Cryptography Qualification NQF 7 or higher.