Lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, missile control instrumentation, electron tubes, test equipment, and machine tool numerical controls, applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics. Usually work under direction of engineering staff.
Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technician to join our team.
- Supporting others in the team;
- Ensure high quality or work standards;
- Following set processes to complete work under warranty;
- Assisting and carrying out diagnostic work to determine the cause of faults;
- Completing vehicle servicing;
- Compiling and maintaining all required documentation e.g. circuit diagrams, loop drawings, software change control, sequence tables etc;
- Installing, commissioning and calibrating all equipment to comply with agreed standards;
- Executing equipment modifications;
- Enhancing circuits and equipment for improved efficiency.
- Comfortable working in a target driven environment;
- Fully qualified Technician;
- Team orientation and customer focused attitude are critical;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- A current drivers licence;
- Ability to follow set process;
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to producing quality work;
- Good time management skills;
- Experience with Prestige vehicles is highly regarded;
- Must have matric;
- Must have 2 — 3 years experience with forklifts or similar material handling equipment;
- Must have wiring experience;
- Must be Trade Test in Millwright or Auto Electrician;
- National Diploma Electrical Engineering-Light Current;
- 3 years minimum experience in a mining/process control, marine environment.