Sous chefs are a kitchen’s second-in-command. They supervise the restaurant’s cooks, prepare meals, and report results to the head chefs. In the absence of the head chef, sous chefs run the kitchen.
Sous Chef Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sous Chef to join our team.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation;
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation;
- Maintain uniform standards;
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations;
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards;
- Preparing creative, delicious food;
- Good waste management skills;
- Passion for South African Flavours and understanding of international flavours;
- Check the quantity and quality of received products;
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food;
- Good wine knowledge;
- The ability to liaise with effectively with staff, suppliers and guest;
- Manage the hygiene of kitchen staff;
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients;
- Manage HR related issues within Kitchen.
- Culinary qualification from a well-recognized institution;
- 3 years plus experience in a professional kitchen, some of which should have been in a top restaurant or 5 star environment.