Pastry Chef Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Pastry Chef to join our team.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking;
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings, etc to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting;
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently;
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget;
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes;
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers;
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards;
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel.
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge;
- Great attention to detail and creativity;
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless, etc);
- Proven experience as junior Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role;
- Organizing and leadership skills;
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition;
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field.