Fine Dining Executive/Head Chef Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Fine Dining Executive/Head Chef to join our team.
- Ensure proper quality control from when the suppliers deliver to when the food reaches the customer;
- Knowledge of Food Safety systems (HACCP);
- Ensure preparation, quality control, plating and presentation standards are maintained;
- Create new menus and seeing to their proper implementation;
- Strong planning skills and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Prioritize and assign work, and conduct performance reviews;
- Orient employees and provide training on job responsibilities;
- Be actively involved in the day to day preparations to lead by example;
- Control food costs by maintaining accurate records of all food ingredients and limiting wastage;
- Assure smooth operation by coordinating with all departments;
- Direct supervising of day to day operation within the restaurant if needed;
- Recommend and implement procedural or production changes;
- Deal with other chefs/cooks, on a one to one basis, instructing and guiding them intheir jobs;
- Deal with other chefs/cooks, on a one to one basis, instructing and guiding them in their jobs.
- Must be able to coordinate and manage a busy kitchen operation;
- The candidate must have 4+ years senior/executive chef experience in a fine-dining environment;
- Must have a matric qualification (or equivalent), as well as a post-matric qualification relating to the field.