Principal Data Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join our team.
- Identify new analytic trends/ data needs and repeatable analytic solutions;
- To identify opportunities to innovatively use data to provide strategic & operational insights to business.
- Proficiency working with visualisation tools e.g. R Shiny, Tableau etc;
- Have an understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce etc;
- Consulting experience;
- Able to program in different programming languages e.g. Python, R, Java, Ruby, Clojure, Matlab, Pig or SQL;
- Statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling, forecasting and business strategy skills;
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI is an added advantage;
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant data experience and experience building segmentation and propensity models;
- Post Graduate Degree in Business and Quantitative field (Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science with emphasis in Statistics).