Cost Accounting Manager ensures that costs for the company’s products and services are allocated according to corporate procedures and in compliance financial accounting standards. Oversees the cost control systems, manages and interprets cost audits, and prepares cost accounting reports for presentation to top management. Being a Cost Accounting Manager gathers historical cost data (materials, labor, depreciation, operating expenses, etc.), to compare budgets with actual expenses. Manages the cost accounting staff to complete projects. Additionally, Cost Accounting Manager requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a Director. The Cost Accounting Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met, adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Cost Accounting Manager typically requires 5 years experience in a related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Cost And Management Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cost And Management Accountant to join our team.
- Oversee the costing accounting function and ensure compliance to IAS; delivering accurate month end information within the prescribed deadlines;
- Support the business process by providing accurate and relevant reporting and information;
- Work with internal departments to ensure accurate recording of operational expenses;
- Oversee and take ownership of the costing function, including the management off all processes, procedures and systems related to the costing process;
- Serve as the point person for Costing and ensure company policies are maintained and upheld;
- Continuous benchmarking of costing principles and practices with the group subsidiaries in order to identify opportunities to support group strategy;
- Update and maintain documentation for the Costing process, as well as make recommendations for improvements;
- Make recommendations to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness of systems;
- Provide daily and monthly management reports to assist decision making and highlight trends;
- Manage and mitigate risks in the costing function; whilst supporting the business strategy;
- Other various projects as assigned;
- Handling of and providing guidance with cost queries.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in cost & management accounting essential;
- BCom degree essential;
- CA (SA) or currently busy with studies through CIMA advantageous;
- Have a proven success record as an accountant;
- Completed articles;
- In depth knowledge of the IT environment will be a distinct advantage;
- Experience in a Management/Cost Accountant role;
- Knowledge and experience of NAVISION will be an advantage;
- Bcom Accounting;
- B.Comm Accounting;
- Accounting experience in a production environment will be an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience of Power BI will be an advantage;
- Available immediately;
- Manufacturing experience.