Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Analyze budgeting and accounting reports.
Cost Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cost Accountant to join our team.
- Evaluating the break-even analysis, and forecasting analysis for factory budget control;
- Controlling CAPEX and audit stock compliance in relation to the SOP qualification requirements;
- Work in Progress (WIP);
- Liaise with Project managers to get required information;
- Ensure that all stock and services related costs are captured for month end close off;
- Bill of material (BOM) Management;
- Inventory management;
- Review and approve contractors invoicing related to a project;
- Report on a weekly basis on project budget versus actuals;
- Ensure accuracy of project invoicing;
- Ensure the maintenance of internal documentation to ensure that project is accepted by client;
- Recon of all contractors invoicing on project;
- Ensure that invoicing requirements are met as per specific client needs;
- Processing of material usages;
- Run the finance in the factory and month end, stock, orders, variances, GRV, purchase control etc.
- BComm / BComm Honours or,
- Mainly focused in Commercial;
- + 4 years experience in a FMCG environment;
- Good eye for detail and ability to handle complexity of costs per client, service provider, activity, market;
- Basic cost accounting skills;
- 3 years experience doing costing in a Manufacturing/steel company;
- B.Comm Management Accounting or equivalent;
- Ability to work accurately with figures;
- In-house and/or external training in supply chain processes, their associated costs;
- a Passion for costing;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Industry training in Incoterms and export protocols;
- Basic understanding of full export cost chains for all markets;
- Ideally from a steel manufacturing background;
- Sage X3 — advantageous.