The Junior Interior Designer creates functional and aesthetic designs that help boost productivity, increase sales, attract customers, or enhance a living space. Develops plans and designs for the interior of residential, commercial, or industrial buildings based on the needs of the client. Being a Junior Interior Designer requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Responsible for planning the use and layout of the space and decorating with color, furniture, fixtures, etc. Develops drawings, presentations, and cost estimates and coordinates the work of contractors. In addition, Junior Interior Designer typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Working as a Junior Interior Designer typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Junior Interior Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Junior Interior Designer to join our team.
- Generating registers diligently and as per Admin and company standards;
- DC, DD, finishes and fabrics presentations, furniture approvals, showroom visits with the clients;
- Lighten the load of seniors and colleagues wherever possible;
- Assistance of SPM’s with support & diligent minute-taking & listening during all meetings. Minutes to be issued within 2 days of the meeting;
- Furniture Layouts/ Spatial planning of space;
- Client Liaison via email I telephone — ongoing throughout the design process;
- Window Treatment Layouts, headboard elevations and checking of IA layouts (plug points & lighting) for coordination purposes;
- Able to work within a structured document management system and be accountable for upholding that system;
- Lighting/ Furniture packages (DD stage) — axos, dimensioned drawings for costing and ultimately manufacture;
- Site visits — confirming wall sizes prior to manufacture to ensure plans match built and furniture will fit;
- Ensure furniture payments and fees are received timeously;
- Manage & oversee transporting of furniture / arranging of insurance;
- Working with 3D artists to produce CGI realistic renders;
- Artwork proposals — working with local and international galleries to source and procure artworks;
- Fully understanding of SOA & agreements, scope of work and payment terms.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information;
- Understanding of the production process, including applications of different file formats;
- Most recent portfolio of work to be submitted;
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail;
- Enquiring mind/ asks the right questions;
- The ability to learn and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability;
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards personal growth in the company;
- Sets a good example for others to follow;
- Flexible attitude;
- Ability to use a variety of media and software in the development and documentation of a design project;
- Good levels of communication / easy to work with;
- Able to set and achieve deadlines and give regular updates on progress;
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism;
- Due to the nature of the position there will be a requirement to work additional hours as necessary, this may include weekends occasionally.