The Junior Designer prepares creative designs or related drawings or details; uses designs to develop specifications or estimates of materials needed for a project. Applies engineering or architectural principles to the design of buildings/structures and their components or assemblies. Being a Junior Designer typically requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area. May perform drafting duties requiring the use of CAD equipment or systems. In addition, Junior Designer typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Working as a Junior Designer typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Junior Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Junior Designer to join our team.
- Perform user research and evaluate user feedback;
- Translate the design brief into exceptional work that leads to our desired outcomes;
- Get excited, about creating beautiful and thought-provoking designs;
- Set design guidelines, best practices and standards;
- Prepare wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas;
- Full graphic design across all formats (brand, digital, print, outdoor, POS, event, etc.);
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies;
- Discuss designs and key milestone deliverables with peers and executive level stakeholders;
- Participate in all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering;
- Develop original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks;
- Manage workflow efficiently and take responsibility for timing and delivery;
- Work together with product management and engineering to build innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience;
- Full design knowledge, strong technical skills, great application knowledge;
- Generate and create crafted, visually pleasing and conceptual designs in collaboration with the lead designer and marketing team.
- Strong visual design skills with good understanding of user-system interaction;
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps;
- Strong problem-solving skills with creative approach;
- Profound UI design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects;
- Strong presentational and team player abilities;
- Significant experience with Sketch.