Design or create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects.
Graphic Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team.
- Invitations and branding for events and exhibitions;
- Creation of basic, promotional video content;
- Print and digital advertising material, including website design;
- Brand and CI development including logos, letterheads, business cards, corporate profiles and presentations and brand manuals;
- Maintains ISO Compliancy;
- Branch internal and external signage;
- Content for digital marketing campaigns (electronic flyers, bulk email, social media);
- Promotional material including posters, electronic and printed flyers and brochures;
- Planning and conceptualising by using materials and information gathered;
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials;
- Designing layout of art and copy based on client needs;
- The applicant should have a good knowledge of engaging with and using social media platforms;
- The ideal candidate has excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to work under pressure;
- To convey messages in an affective and aesthetic manner.
- Relevant industry standard certification will be advantageous;
- Relevant need work experience and a portfolio of work demonstrating experience and skills;
- Good knowledge of design software, such as Quark Xpress, InDesign or Illustrator, plus photo-editing software such as PhotoShop, etc;
- Preference is given to those with relevant tertiary qualification;
- Skilled in cropping, editing and formatting documents and images;
- Correctly capture clients requests and instructions;
- Ability to match and select colours, text and layouts;
- Matric — Additional cartificates advantageous;
- Team player;
- Experience working across multiple business units, a national branch network and with multiple stakeholders;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and related content design platforms;
- Graphic Design degree or diploma;
- Valid drivers license and own reliable vehicle;
- 5‐8 years in a similar role in a business‐to‐business or trade marketing environment.