Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
Electrical Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Designer to join our team.
- Coordination of drawing packages;
- Development of company standards, drawing procedures, on — line systems and other tasks as agreed with the principal electrical engineer;
- Adherence to project man — hour budgets;
- Induction and supervision of designers in the use of company standards and procedures;
- Support other disciplines / division;
- Timely completion of electrical drawings and schedules;
- Timely transfer of information to other disciplines;
- Supervision of designers to ensure project design requirements are followed;
- Update of G. A’s regularly with latest vendor data and drawing information;
- Training of junior draughtsman;
- Inter — discipline drawing checking.
- Good knowledge of company systems and previous projects (a minimum of 2 years exposure);
- Well — developed computer skills with a good knowledge of relevant CAD software and a working knowledge of relational databases and spreadsheets;
- Understanding of other discipline requirements;
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or requisite experience;
- Good understanding of electrical technology;
- Good checking skills, ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion, initiative;
- Broad knowledge / experience in fabrication, construction and operations;
- Minimum of 5 years electrical design draughting experience in the mining and mineral processing area;
- Experience with process plant design and layout;
- Good understanding of project process;
- An open mind to new ideas / concepts.