Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, and water and sewage systems.
Civil Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Civil Engineer to join our team.
- Assists the Client with conceptual project development on civil / structural portion of the scope;
- Produce civil / structural detail engineering design;
- Coordinate and manage the communication between various departments for design input;
- Conduct technical bid evaluation and adjudication in selecting subcontractors / suppliers / vendors with respect to all civil / structural works;
- Provide man-hour estimates for civil / structural engineering works and manage engineering man-hour budget;
- Develops civil / structural conceptual design, basic engineering (FEED) package and preliminary quantities;
- Coordinate the production of civil and structural drawings with Civil Designer on site or at head office;
- Coordinate and manage the communication between Clients and Subcontractors / suppliers / vendors with respect to all civil / structural works;
- Provide quantity estimates necessary for the development of contract requisition documents;
- Coordinate, produce and approve any technical queries from clients / subcontractors / suppliers / vendors with respect to all civil / structural works;
- Produce contract requisition document and the final Bill of Quantities;
- Conduct site inspection;
- Coordinate the production of engineering calculations for civil and structural works;
- Supports the Client’s QA / QC processes with respect to all civil / structural works.
- Professionally registered with ECSA as a Professional Engineer;
- Detail oriented;
- Municipal Infrastructure;
- Excellent written and spoken English, including technical report writing skills;
- Goodinterpersonal skills, with the ability to work, interact, communicate and contribute positivelyin a team environment;
- Masters: Hydrology;
- Extensive experience in surface water management and be able to carry out hydrological analyses;
- Experience in design of Roads, Transport and Traffic Engineering;
- 8+ years experience;
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Projects;
- Registered with ECSA (advantage) or close to registration;
- Must be registered with ECSA as a Professional Engineer;
- ECSA Pr. Eng registration essential;
- Relevant Project List;
- BSc/B Eng Civil Engineering from a reputable tertiary institution.